Validity of Period
- To propagate and set direction for learning Korean for non-native Korean speakers and overseas Koreans
- To measure and evaluate their Korean language skills and utilize the results for in-Korea colleges and job-seeking
Overseas Koreans and foreigners for whom Korean is a second language (no age limit)
- Aim to learn the language and enter in-Korea universities
- Seek jobs in companies and public institutions in Korea and overseas
- Reside overseas Korean or are attending/graduated from a foreign school
Organizers: National Institute for International Education, Consulate General of Republic of Korea in Hong Kong
Host Institutes: Korean International School
- Fair and exact grading done by grading committee composed with Korean language professors, education evaluation experts, and computation experts.
- Answer sheets requiring second grading (such as empty or multiple marking) are dealt with by principles and criteria set by the grading committee.
- Multiple choice answers are graded by using an OMR machine firsrt, then written answers are graded by grading committee.
- All sheets are graded by two grading committee members so to minimize the possibility of grading error.
From the year 2012 on, validity period of TOPIK result will be 2 years (since date of issue). Result from the 25th TOPIK or before will no longer be valid after Dec 31, 2013.
We will endeavour to ensure the secure transmission of data. All data provided to us will be stored at our office or in our server in Hong Kong accessible only to our authorized employees and contractors. However, we give no warranty against any hacking into or unauthorized access to the data by any third party(ies).